There are several ways you can check your email. You can setup a desktop email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird. Another tool you can use is webmail. Webmail is a great tool because you can access it using a web browser, which makes it easy to check your mail when you are away from your desktop or traveling and without setting up an email client. It doesn't require you to setup any software You can simply log into webmail and begin to use it!
1) Visit yourdomain.com/webmail. You will get a pop-open box requesting a username and password. Your username is your email address and your password is your email password. Waves Web Design does not keep client email passwords for you, but we can reset a forgotten password for you or you can log into your hosting control panel and change it on your own.
2) Be sure to replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain name.
3) Enter your username and password, and then click OK.
- User Name: Enter your full email address, all lower case
- Password: Enter your email address' password
You should now be logged in! Click on one of the three webmail clients (we like horde the best) and get started using your email!
If you are trouble shooting an email problem, checking your web mail is the first place to start. Most email problems clients have are related to problems on their own local computers email client software. If your web mail is working perfectly, chances are that you need to adjust the settings on your email client and the problem is not actually with the email itself.